- Start of humanitarian operations in Rwanda: 40 nuns and orphans were evacuated from Kibuye to Goma in Zaire. About ten kilometers away, new clashes had pitted the RPF against government forces.
- A few kilometers from Gishyita, where the center of the French force is located, 1,000 to 2,000 RPF men are grouped together.
- The nuns of the Sainte-Marie de Namur mission leave their mission in a matter of seconds. Less than five minutes later, the French soldiers take possession of the premises. Their task is not finished: about forty riflemen from the air commandos must reconnoitre up to 20 kilometers from the front.
- During this time in Kigali, and for the second time in less than a week, the RPF organized an anti-French demonstration.
- François Léotard and Lucette Michaux-Chevry are leaving this evening for the border area of Zaire and Rwanda.
- Four F1 Mirage left Reims for Istres and, no doubt afterwards, for Rwanda.