Le 6 avril dernier, les deux Présidents du Rwanda et du Burundi disparaissaient dans l'attaque à la roquette de leur avion. Le signal pour les extrémistes hutu au pouvoir pour le grand nettoyage ethnique et racial des Tutsi
- "500,000 dead" affirmed the German Foreign Minister today. "Between 200 and 300,000" have so far affirmed the humanitarian organizations. How many deaths in Rwanda? The fact is, we don't know. All we know is that for six and a half weeks now, we have not counted the corpses piling up in this small African country that has become before our eyes, under our cameras and so far in the indifference of the international community, a genocide.
- Minimum estimate of the number of people massacred for more than a month in Rwanda: 200,000. Minimum estimate. Every day, the Akagera River which flows into Lake Victoria carries away 1,500 corpses. On this scale, it is no longer appropriate to speak of tribal warfare but of mass extermination. The vast majority of these victims are Tutsi, a minority in Rwanda. Those who want to make them disappear are Hutu, the majority.
- What is currently happening in Rwanda is the appalling result of 30 years of ethnic clashes leading today to a real racial war.
- The Hutu in power have always refused to share, reducing in blood any attempt at revolt by the Tutsi. The Hutu extremists have now moved up a gear: on April 6, the two Presidents of Rwanda and Burundi, two countries where Hutu and Tutsi live with closely intertwined destinies, disappeared in the rocket attack on their plane in Kigali. This is the signal.
- The signal for the Hutu extremists in power for the great ethnic and racial cleansing of the Tutsi. But also moderate Hutu, those who were in favor of a rapprochement with the Tutsi. Something democratic that Hutu extremists can't even contemplate. Their own project is the very negation of the other, the Tutsi.
- In this context, the Rwandan Patriotic Front, Tutsi, is not exempt either from racist overtones towards the Hutu. The RPF plans nothing less than to seize the whole country to put an end to the massacre.
- Six months ago, believing in the possibility of a political solution, the UN sent blue helmets. Last April, 10 Belgian soldiers were assassinated, almost all the other Blue Helmets left. Today, the reinforcement of 5,500 African blue helmets for humanitarian aid is announced. A decision surely insufficient in view of a situation which is worsening day by day in Rwanda.