Au Rwanda Hutu et Tutsi continuent de s'entretuer : hommes, femmes, enfants, vieillards, malades, voilà les victimes désignées des tueurs des deux camps
- While in Burundi a coup attempt would have failed this morning, in the neighboring country, in Rwanda, Hutu and Tutsi continue to kill each other: men, women, children, old people, sick people, these are the designated victims of the killers from both sides.
- The machetes of the Hutu do not spare the children or so by chance: in this mass grave, a 6-year-old girl is still moving. She is injured in the neck and arm. She is Tutsi like all this village in the hills of Rebero and Nyanza near Kigali.
- The government soldiers rounded up the inhabitants, several hundred, then they threw their grenades.
- Also yesterday [April 24], in Butare, the second southern city of Rwanda, the Hutu presidential guard systematically massacred the 170 wounded in the hospital before attacking the local staff of Doctors Without Borders.
- Kigali the capital is still the prey of street fighting: anyone who is Tutsi there risks death.
- In neighboring Zaire, Zairian President Mobutu is trying to reconcile government forces and the Patriotic Front of Rwanda, the Tutsi rebel front. But the RPF did not come that night to sign the ceasefire concluded on Saturday [April 23], officially for transport reasons. And without his signature, the agreement cannot enter into force.