Trois français ont trouvé la mort ces jours derniers au Rwanda : il s'agit de deux gendarmes et de l'épouse de l'un d'entre eux. Dans la capitale ensanglantée de l'ancienne colonie belge, Hutu et Tutsi continuent le massacre
Mis à part une poignée dont le choix était de rester, il n'y a plus ce soir de Français au Rwanda, après le départ de la dernière compagnie de soldats cet après-midi.
- Three French people have been killed in recent days in Rwanda: they are two gendarmes and the wife of one of them. The Minister of Cooperation Michel Roussin announced it to the Assembly today.
- This morning, fighting resumed between government forces and the predominantly Tutsi RPF, which is trying to take control of Kigali. In the bloody capital of the former Belgian colony, Hutu and Tutsi continue the massacre, as if the twenty thousand deaths mentioned by witnesses were not enough.
- Besides Kigali, the other big cities of the country are this evening surrounded by the rebels.
- Apart from a handful whose choice was to stay, there are no more French people in Rwanda this evening, after the departure of the last company of soldiers this afternoon.
- After the departure of humanitarian organizations, the ICRC is left alone to deal with the hundreds of wounded who flock to overwhelmed hospitals.