- All the French, with the exception of a very small number of religious in particular, were evacuated.
- Most often it is civilians who have massacred their own neighbors with a machete, only guilty of not being of the same ethnic group.
- The French Embassy is finishing regrouping the last French and as usual in the event of a serious crisis, diplomatic documents are destroyed.
- The evacuation of foreigners is proceeding without too much difficulty and it seems that it corresponds to the wishes of the parties in conflict.
- Rwanda and its neighbor Burundi are unfortunately used to these deadly clashes. Massacres have been taking place there between different ethnic groups for 35 years.
- However, a political agreement hardly negotiated last August had to be applied. But the process was delayed and to the impatience of the Tutsi the anger of the Hutu extremists hostile to the agreement and to democratic opening was answered.
- The most violent are the members of the presidential guard, accused of having indiscriminately killed Tutsi and Hutu liberals. In this murderous context, the new government was not recognized by the Patriotic Front, which resumed the offensive: in the country, where 4,000 men were reportedly approaching the capital, and in Kigali itself, where 600 rebels based near the Hotel Méridien, to the northeast, clash with Hutu soldiers. No one dares imagine what will happen tonight after the last foreign soldiers leave.