Voici les dernières images du pays aux mille collines : des centaines de cadavres mutilés, éventrés, méconnaissables. Des hommes, des femmes, des enfants massacrés uniquement parce qu'ils étaient tutsi
- A failed coup in Burundi: an attempted putsch led by Tutsi soldiers but the insurgents failed to rally other army units to their cause. Burundi is still spared the inter-ethnic war that is ravaging neighboring Rwanda. Rwanda where every day humanitarian organizations discover new massacres.
- Here are the latest images of the land of a thousand hills: hundreds of mutilated, disembowelled, unrecognizable corpses. Men, women, children massacred only because they were Tutsi. Their executioners, government soldiers, all belong to the opposing Hutu ethnic group.
- On April 8, the Belgian Blue Helmets took this frightened population under their protection. But four days later, the Belgians left. The Hutu then began the carnage. Of this massacre, only two survivors remain. Miraculous: a six-year-old child and a man who still has the strength to testify. The survivor: "My wife was carrying our child on her back, in a bag. They cut her with a machete because she couldn't walk fast enough".
- In Rwanda, for more than 17 days, death reigns everywhere. And the balance sheets are always approximate. There would already be more than 10,000 dead and as many, if not more, wounded.
- Hundreds of thousands of people were thrown onto the roads. The exodus to neighboring Burundi is massive. Humanitarian organizations are also completely overwhelmed here.