- In Rwanda the civil war continues. The massacres continue everywhere and for everything: Hutu and Tutsi are killing each other.
- In the mass grave, what we believe to be a corpse and which is still moving. The machetes of the Hutu do not even spare the children: this 6-year-old Tutsi girl is injured in the neck and arm. She is one of the few survivors of the massacre.
- In these hills of Rebero and Nyanza near Kigali, the Hutu soldiers gathered the Tutsi, several hundred, and they threw their grenades. Also yesterday [April 24], in Butare in the south of the country, the Hutu presidential guard systematically massacred the 170 wounded in the hospital and then attacked the local staff of Doctors Without Borders.
- Kigali the capital is still the prey of street fighting: anyone who is Tutsi there risks death.
- Meanwhile, Zairian President Mobutu is trying to reconcile government forces and the Rwandan Patriotic Front. But the RPF did not come to sign last night the ceasefire concluded a few days ago, officially for transport reasons. And without his signature, the peace cannot come into effect.