Quant aux troupes françaises, si elles contrôlent encore l'aéroport, elles devraient se retirer dans les jours à venir.
- Yesterday [April 12] in Rwanda was once again marked by killings and looting. The government fled the capital and the Tutsi rebels entered Kigali.
- They are now all gone: the most indomitable, the most isolated too. A departure far from being academic. Never mind, to escape the worst, the last Westerners in Rwanda were able to be evacuated.
- Even the French ambassador and all his staff preferred to flee. As for the French troops, if they still control the airport, they should withdraw in the days to come. Finally the Rwandan government, much more than threatened, took refuge on the outskirts of Kigali.
- Suffice to say that today everything is in place for us to witness a bloodbath. Especially since the rebels of the Rwandan Patriotic Front, with a Tutsi majority, entered Kigali yesterday [April 12]: more than 4,000 men.
- Rebels who order all foreign soldiers to leave the country in order to restore order. This morning the fighting resumed. Heavy artillery fighting. While in indifference the massacres also continue.