- The UN is tiptoeing out of Rwanda. Sad withdrawal, sad impotence. Peacekeepers leave behind tens, perhaps hundreds, of thousands of dead.
- It is the departure of the Blue Helmets from Rwanda. They were 2,500 who tried to protect refugee camps, institutions, hospitals. They are now leaving the country, leaving the population in deep disarray in the face of settling scores and civil war. But the United Nations has decided so: only 300 men will remain to attempt mediation between rival factions.
- Humanitarian organizations have already condemned the departure of peacekeepers from Rwanda because nothing can now prevent the continuation of the massacres. The dead number in the tens of thousands. In the Kigali stadium alone, 5,000 people have been waiting for the end of the massacres for eight days and the stadium is regularly bombarded by RPF forces.
- It is for these victims that French families returning from Rwanda have founded a solidarity committee. Claudine Lauer: "UNAMIR did nothing to save these people, nothing at all! They came to disarm. It's not true, they didn't disarm. Since there were grenades every night were jumping in the neighborhoods: in Nyamirambo, in Gikondo, in all the neighborhoods".
- Foreigners have left the country but also more than 100,000 Rwandans and even 50,000 inhabitants of Burundi who had already fled the violence at home and continue to wander on these roads with death at the end of the road.