- In Rwanda the last French soldiers re-embark today. Rebel forces have entered the capital, Kigali, which is now deserted of all its foreign residents.
- This morning, one of the last Belgian convoys went to town, heading for the psychiatric hospital. There, Belgian religious in tears only agreed to leave when faced with the evidence of a merciless war.
- A little further on, some 500 Rwandans come out of the buildings with their hands in the air. In the middle of the mad, Tutsi refugees imploring the soldiers to take them away. They know that with the departure of their last protectors, their fate is sealed. The hospital is already riddled with bullets. Inside, the paratroopers discover, behind a room where lie five corpses lacerated with machetes, a wounded Belgian agricultural engineer.
- On the way back, the civilians are on their doorstep, machetes and clubs in hand. They know that the rebels of the Rwandan Patriotic Forces are advancing. At the end of the morning, the gendarmerie camp fell into their hands as well as the mountain where the Rwandan army was trying to withdraw. From the airport, cannons pound these hills in an attempt to loosen an increasingly powerful vice.
- During this time, the French soldiers are packing. This morning, a new company left Kigali for Bangui. There are only 170 men left who are just waiting for the green light to leave, probably at the end of the afternoon. Rwanda sinks into civil war in complete solitude.