- Rwandans are fleeing their country as quickly as possible to escape the war. An exodus of several hundred thousand people in terrible conditions.
- Men, women, children, old people are on the roads of the exodus with only a thin backpack for luggage. Tens of thousands of Rwandans are currently trying to flee their country where massacres and abuses continue.
- For all these victims of ethnic cleansing and the raging civil war, the only salvation lies in fleeing to neighboring countries: Zaire, Burundi and Tanzania. This is perhaps the largest displacement of people in history.
- Yesterday [April 30], 100,000 people were able to cross the border with Tanzania after abandoning the weapons they were carrying to defend themselves against looters who do not hesitate to throw women and children into the backwaters after having robbed them .
- Today several tens of thousands of people are blocked by the Rwandan rebels who have closed the border with Tanzania despite the efforts of the army to protect them. These refugees are in mortal danger. Moreover, humanitarian organizations announce that their stocks of water and food will run out in four to five days.