Des hommes, des femmes, des enfants massacrés uniquement parce qu'ils étaient tutsi. Leurs bourreaux, des militaires gouvernementaux, appartiennent tous à l'ethnie adverse des Hutu
- New very violent fighting in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda. The city is surrounded by rebel troops of the Patriotic Front. Humanitarian organizations are now citing the figure of 100,000 dead! Sometimes the entire population of a village has been massacred. Terrible images of these mass graves discovered in Rwanda.
- Here are the latest images of the land of a thousand hills: hundreds of mutilated, disembowelled, unrecognizable corpses. Men, women, children massacred only because they were Tutsi. Their executioners, government soldiers, all belong to the opposing Hutu ethnic group.
- On April 8, the Belgian Blue Helmets took this frightened population under their protection. But four days later, the Belgians left. The Hutu then began the carnage. Of this massacre, only two survivors remain. Miraculous: a six-year-old child and a man who still has the strength to testify. The survivor: "My wife was carrying our child on her back, in a bag. They cut her with a machete because she couldn't walk fast enough".
- In Rwanda, for more than 17 days, death reigns everywhere. And the balance sheets are always approximate. There would already be more than 10,000 dead and as many, if not more, wounded.
- Hundreds of thousands of people were thrown onto the roads. The exodus to neighboring Burundi is massive. Humanitarian organizations are also completely overwhelmed here.
- François Mitterrand in Uzbekistan.