- There are thousands of Westerners fleeing the country. For five days, Rwanda has been experiencing a new bloodbath. This country has been the scene of inter-ethnic massacres for about thirty years. Last night the first French survivors arrived in Roissy.
- It is midnight at Roissy airport. The first 48 French nationals evacuated from Rwanda are reunited with their loved ones with relief. A woman from Rwanda: "It's a bit selfish to say that we are relieved given the number of deaths there… People we knew, Rwandan friends who worked with us".
- At the same time, at Bonn airport, the same spectacle: this time, 120 German citizens and about twenty Swiss arrive from Rwanda exhausted.
- On the spot, the situation would have reached a tragic dimension. The inter-ethnic clashes are said to have claimed tens of thousands of victims. According to humanitarian organizations, the streets of Kigali have become veritable cutthroats. The morgues are overwhelmed with the arrival of bodies of men killed with machetes.
- In the north of the country, 50 kilometers from the capital, many mass graves have been improvised to bury the corpses that litter the streets.
- Face to face, the soldiers of the regular army, to whom the provisional government has asked to silence any revolt, and the rebels of the Patriotic Front of Rwanda who have decided to take Kigali in order, they say, to put an end to the carnage perpetrated by government troops.